Nov 7, 2012

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Are you feeling victorious this morning or are you feeling defeated? If you are feeling either one of these emotions, most likely your hope is improperly placed. There is only one King - His name is Jesus! And He is King of all Kings and Lord of all Lords. Halleujah! God is on the throne. And He's sifting out the hearts of men!
Yesterday as well as last night, my television was off. I knew who I had to vote for according to conscience even though I wouldn't have chosen either candidate, (and I DID vote) but I also knew that my God is in control of all things. I determined I would not look to this election as my hope for a bright future, like I did last time. And as a result ( 4 years ago) I plunged into depression when Obama won the election. This time I understand more fully that my future is not of this earth. Then I knew it with my head, now I know it with my heart. My future is in the Kingdom of God. Whatever heartache or sorrow I have to go through to get there is irrelevant compared to the glory of that day. And the thing is, I don't have to wait till that day to experienced the glory of the Kingdom. I just have to turn my eyes upon Jesus, every moment , of every day and He is faithful to reveal His glory to me here and now. It wets my appetite. It causes me to hunger and thirst for righteousness. I want to be more and more like Paul (who was consumed with Christ) and was able to say that in all things he had learned to be content.

Last night while I slept the Lord began to prepare my heart for the news of the outcome of the election. He was speaking to me while I slept and the phrase King of Kings and Lord of Lords kept going through my mind.... I LOVE my Savior. I love that I can have peace no matter what I "percieve" is best for me , my kids and the nation that I love. God ultimately knows what is best. And God is not so concerned with the "here and now" as He is the eternal. He is sifting out the hearts of men and preparing us for heaven and He is also calling out to those who don't know Him and challenging them that the things that they think will bring them peace are empty.

Luke 19:42 Saying, If you had known, even you, at least in this your day, the things which belong unto your peace! but now they are hid from your eyes.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.


 
1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.