Feb 16, 2011

Whom The Lord Loves, He Chastens

Valentines day may have passed but each morning as I read my bible , I am seeing love on every page..
So here on the subject of love I stay until He moves me on. 
Hebrews 12: 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto
children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint
when thou art rebuked of him:
6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he
receiveth
How often do we think of chastening as a reason to rejoice?  Yet- it IS.  It is a definite reason to rejoice because it proves our sonship!
Monday I spoke of genuine love and all of it's qualities:. patient, kind, hopeful, humble, unselfish, honest, holy, protective, trusting, perservering.....
Tuesday I talked about being rooted and grounded in love and how that happens.  We recognize the treasure that has been deposited in us and we relinquish ourselves to the Holy Spirits control when the winds and pressures come upon us (believing that God is good) and our roots go deeper into the soil of Gods love.  And then today-that point is driven home further through these scriptures the Lord led me to. 

Real genuine love isn't satisfied with just pulling the loved one out of the mud hole.  Real love will clean the person up. Give them a fresh set of clothes, a warm meal , and a good nights rest.  Only then will the one who loves be able to rest -themselves.
Thank the Good Lord He isn't willing to let me stay the way I am. He loves me enough to change me. I was and am miserable without Him!

J. Oswald Sanders has said in his book "Christ Indwelling and Enthroned"
'The soul who finds peace has ceased asking "Is God love?" and instead has substituted the affrimation " God IS love!" and the circumstances are interpreted in light of that conviction. He has come to know God so well , that nothing He does, however inscrutible, is misunderstood or can shake that confidence.

Listen to this music video and contemplate further the awesome love of God, that is willing to go where most don't dare to go....to rescue us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-rW528qiYw    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.