Nov 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Abounds............. To The Glory of God

 I am so thankful!  My heart overflows with gratitude this morning.  And not just for the things that appear to be good, but for the trials.  I have seen God take situations that seem so dark and sad, and re-create them into something so beautiful.  I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I love that about MY God! He gives beauty for ashes , strength in exchange for my fear, gladness for my mourning, and peace for despair....just to name a few.  I am learning to anticipate what He will do with eagerness when I run to Him in those situations.  You can't give the Creator of the universe your problems without Him giving it back to you in the form of something beautiful  He longs for us to come to Him! I believe He thrives on us bringing Him our mess so that He can blow our minds with the re-creation of it......  More and more lately I am praying Gods words back to Him and saying  "Lord your word says come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest and I find myself beginning to labor over this situation, so I am bringing it to you.  I give you my labor in exchange for your rest"  And He always gives me that rest!  So I am thankful not only for the obvious blessings but for the ones that don't at first appear to be blessings AT ALL , but when given into the hands of the MASTER of the universe , turn out to be the greatest blessings . Because they are working a far more eternal weight of glory into my life.  I want my life to carry spiritual weight with all those watching .  (my children and husband especially)
2 Cor 4 :11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.(our death in exchange for His resurrection  life) 12So then death worketh in us, but life in you. (weight of glory)
13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. 15For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many rebound to the glory of God. 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. Praise God!  It's ALL good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.