Feb 15, 2011

Rooted And Grounded In Love

     This morning the Holy Spirit was reiterating to my timid heart the importance of sharing the things He has imparted to me.  How often do we love to show off the things we buy?  Our new clothes,a new hairstyle, or even a craft project we've made ?  Yet when God gives us a divine revelation ,or monetary resources I don't know about you, but I by my natural fallen nature hesitate to share it. This is evil!   We love to display ourselves or our accomplishments, or even the things we have purchased with the monetary resources He's given us, but sometimes the treasure imparted to us from heaven we bury, rather than investing in His kingdom! The Lord has been working on me for a while about this and even prompted me to name this blog His earthen vessel for that very reason.  We have this treasure in earthen vessels!  The treasure is the that which God gives to us!  (His Spirit is the greatest treasure) And those things imparted to us by His Spirit are not to be buried... they are to be shared so that the Kingdom of God will prosper.  How quickly we share the latest deal we got at the store, but the treasure that can't be bought with money, or produced of our own efforts is buried.  Have we believed the lies of the enemy so completely that we run to share the treasure that will decay or be burned up like wood hay and stubble, and yet thinking our master a hard man ,we bury what God has given us! I want to be like the servants who invested the treasure imparted to them and brought a return on it for the masters glory.
     I was also reminded this morning of a conversation that I had with the Lord in the shower one morning -two years ago. I was going through a trial that was very painful and I KNEW the Lord had ordained it. As a matter of fact, I was led by Him to share something with someone that didn't go over well and it caused a rift in my relationship with the person. And yet I KNEW that the Lord instructed me to to speak to her, so I  cried out in anguish to the Lord asking Him to show me why He was allowing this conflict, and He spoke clearly to my heart and said "I am rooting you and grounding you in love" . I can only tell you that a joy rose up in my heart at that moment at the thought of it!  I faced that trial with open arms after that.   To be rooted and grounded in love?  I never would have had the oppurtunity to hear my Lord speak that to my heart if I had thought Him a "hard man", like the servant did in the parable.  I KNEW my Lord gracious and full of compassion so I went to him in my anguish and inquired of Him. And He answered me!
   When the winds of adversity come against you, do you react like the man who hid his talents?  Do you think that because of what is happening that your master is a hard man?  If you do, react this way , your roots will never go down deep into the soil of Gods love.  That day in the shower my roots went deeper into the soil of His love as He gave me a glimpse into the reality of what he was doing rather than the warped reality that satan wanted me to embrace..  (that my master was a hard man.) Here I am two years later and I can see where God has been true to His word.  As the wind of adversity blew I reached down deep in my pain as a tree reaches for water and the strength to endure the winds and I found the strength to endure.  Not only that but I understand more today of the width ,the length, the height and the depth of the love of God. This is why in the midst of some of the deepest pain I've ever experienced, my heart can reach out to others in their pain. The very love of Christ compels me to. God is rooting and grounding me in His love!  A love who's supply is NEVER exhausted!

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-814

For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21






1 comment:

  1. Love does not withhold that which will strengthen the loved one. Even when it hurts the lover to give it or when it will wound the one given, but with the ultimate goal of healing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.