Apr 26, 2011

I AM The Resurrection And the Life

Reading the account of Mary, Martha, and their brother Lazarus waiting for Jesus to come when Lazarus was so sick I was struck by the fact that God referred to himself as "I AM" in the old testament just as here Jesus said to Mary "I AM the resurrection and the life"  .  God is EVERYTHING we will ever need.  So often we wait on an event or an intervention by God on our behalf as proof that HE loves us.  Yet the GREATEST intervention took place 2000 years ago when God intervened on behalf of mankind and expressed His love for us in such a way that we should NEVER doubt His love again.  Yet we still do.  Oftentimes we wait for God to answer a prayer or intervene for us, and yet the waiting seems unbearable and seems never-ending.Why does God make us wait so long???  I believe it's only as long as needed for it to sink in that He is not just the God of the resurrection, HE IS THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE.  He is the event!  He is working in those circumstances of waiting.  He is imparting His life to us moment by moment as we wait upon Him and Him alone. We are ABLE to live a Christlike life because of His life imparted to us through the death and resurrection of Jesus at Calvary. If we have Jesus we have the resurrection and we have the life!  If we truly know this we can rest in the loving embrace of the father as Jesus did no matter what our circumstances. 
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.