Feb 22, 2011

My Lord -My Love, My Husband

I wrote this excerpt below about 3 years ago after a bible study where I was asked how I see my relationship with God.  Ex; Father, husband, etc... I'm not even sure what all the choices were, I just knew I see Him as my husband,who leads me into the arms of the Father. My relationship with God the Father was made possible through Christ -and as a member of the church I am His bride.
    Lord , I love you ! You are the Lion who will stop at nothing in your relentless pursuit of me. You love me with the purest of loves and desire for me to be free! Nothing but a hard look at the truth of what is inside of me, will do for you....” (You desire truth in the inward parts” Ps 51:6-) Your Word to me is like a mirror exposing all the sludge that is in my heart....You compel me to look honestly at my heart ( Ephesians 5:25-27 "Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it, that He may sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. That He might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle. Or any such thing, that it should be holy and without blemish. That He might sanctify it or set it apart")- It is only when I look honestly at my heart, will I even think to come to you to be cleansed. When I saw my heart, through your gentle loving prodding, I was horrified and begged you to remove the sin that was there .I surrendered to you and you removed those things that had a stranglehold on my heart. Those things had been sucking the life out of me! As a lion that will stop at nothing to protect it’s cubs, so will you stop at nothing to protect me from the lies of the enemy– You are my Burden Bearer. You only expose those things so you can take them from me! The enemy heaps burdens upon me, while you long to take them away. When I surrendered to you, the life flowed back into my soul!!! My spirit seemed to float on air...... This is when I saw you as the Lamb.. You are the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. You took on all my sins at Calvary and desire for me to come to you daily so I can confess my sins in the light of your love and be filled afresh with your life giving spirit!
     You are my Knight in “Shining” Armor, who rescues me from the clutches of the evil one. He tries to take by force, whereas nothing but willing surrender will do for you. You Lord are the perfect gentle- man !!! He whispers sweet nothings in my ear, while seeking to destroy me. You- the Lover Of My Soul, whisper the hard truth, all the while desiring to rescue me. You never rescue me from the truth, you rescue me THROUGH the truth (the truth will set you free) He hates my soul -therefore he desires to rescue me FROM the truth because he knows the truth will set me free. He is a ruthless, evil, warrior while you are my tender loving warrior, waiting to comfort me when I repent.
    The banner of truth is ever before me. You are my Banner Of Truth!
I never need to wonder with you. You never play games with my heart. He would seek to cause my heart to freeze in terror while you assure me you’ll never leave me of forsake me. My heart is precious to you. You look upon my stained heart and you see beauty. You CAUSE me to believe that I am pure and white because of your Great love! You NEVER take me by force- nothing but willing surrender in love and covenant faith will do. I must give myself freely to you or you will not receive me- It is cheap and unholy unless I surrender all of me... The enemy on the other hand will use deceptive tactics to cause me to give myself over to him in fear and torment of what he will do to me. ALL LIES! If that doesn’t work he will attempt to take me by force. He would rather have a bound and gagged victim than none at all. You assure me that “greater is He that is in me that he that is in the world.” And that I have only to submit to Gods Living Word (Jesus), thereby resisting the devil and he will flee.
     You are my Captivator. You have captivated my heart with your charm, beauty and excellence in character. I am filled with awe and wonder in your presence! All the flattering lies of the enemy couldn’t hold a candle to the truth and beauty that is in you. Lies hold no appeal to me any longer. Even when they flatter me.... Especially when they flatter me .... I am desperate for you Lord. Where would I be without you? Who would I be without you? You tell me that “Though my sins were as scarlet , they will be as white as snow “He tells me I am wonderful and don’t deserve such criticism, all the while seeking to blacken my heart with bitterness and un-forgiveness., so that I will never learn what TRUE love is- YOUR LOVE. Yours is the only true love. I am beginning to love you Lord with all of my heart, mind, soul ,and strength and because of this I pray you are teaching me to love my neighbor as myself! You are my true husband and I praise you for the works of your hands.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.