Mar 28, 2011

Put Your Hand to the Plow

So Jesus asked the twelve apostles, "Do you want to leave me too?" Simon Peter answered Jesus, "Lord, to what person could we go? Your words give eternal life. John 6:67-68




Years ago when my Dad was working in a factory and had been walking with the Lord for a few years, he was feeling VERY discouraged one day at work and was seriously considering giving up. He couldn't see how his life was bearing any fruit and he said just as he contemplated this thought of walking away, a piece of paper came down the conveyor belt of the assemlby line he was on and he picked it up and this verse was on it. : "And Jesus said to him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62 . "

My father never knew who put that piece of paper on the conveyor but what he did know is this. His God was a PERSONAL God who cared about His every need and His God was ALSO a Holy God who demands faith as His only prerequiste to the comfort of His presence. I believe that day my dad was scared and comforted at the same time. He knew God was with him in every heartache and sorrow and he also knew that without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God . I have never forgotten that story and the thought of leaving Gods presence through unbelief has put a fear of God in me that keeps me running back to Him instead of away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.