Mar 15, 2011

It Is Required of The Lord That a Man Be Found Faithful

I've been thinking about my dad a lot lately. This coming September it will be five years since he went to be with His Lord. I miss him terribly at times....What I've been thinking about lately is all the years that he was faithful to plant seeds without any evidence that anything was taking root. I read a verse from Genesis this morning :While the earth remains seedtime and harvest shall not cease.... Gen 8:22 That gives me great hope! I now know what my dad must have felt all those years ago. How alone he must have felt at times... He faithfully served and provided for a family that at the time didn't appreciate much of what he did. Not only that but he faithfully shared the word of God with no evidence that any of it was taking root. But He kept on scattering seed. What struck me the other day in thinking on this, is that he was COMPELLED to share. The very love of Christ compelled him! Think about this: Why would anyone continue to put themselves out there over and over and over just to have the precious truth that they're sharing be rejected time and time again....UNLESS the love of God compelled them to?!! The Spirit of the living God dwelt in him. It was the Spirit of the living God, the Spirit of truth, that compelled him to teach us the ways of God and share the very words of God with us even when we didn't want to hear it. The word of God is the seed of life, and out of his great love for us, he faithfully tended to the garden of our souls .I know being one of his children, the soil was hard and it was work! There's a line in the movie Facing the Giants that has spoken to me and come to my remembrance many times since watching it..... A man who faithfully walked the halls of the school praying for revival says to the football coach -Grant Taylor ,"are you preparing your fields for rain?" I now see how my dad was preparing his fields for rain. He had been given the garden of our souls to tend to, and he was planting the seed and working the soil of our hearts...in preparation for rain. The rain came not too many years before my dad went to be with the Lord of the harvest. One by one, his children were saved or came back to the Lord after backsliding......And he saw his children on fire for the Lord before he died. Hebrews10: 35 -36 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.