Mar 14, 2011

Blessed Are Those Who Mourn

Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.  This scripture gives me great comfort.  I have been mourning alot lately.  Mourning my own sin, and the countless broken marriages and lives around me.  My son said to me the other day "mom why would I want to be like you?  All you seem to do lately is cry . " I know my son didn't mean to hurt me, he was just honestly speaking his feelings. But so many people we come in contact with have been affected by the worlds mentality . We need to remember that!  That remark was tailor made to discourage me by the devil himself!
Immediately the Holy Spirt brought this scripture to mind.  I can't apologize for what God Himself has wrought in me.  He is working the heart of Christ in me as I submit to His will and it is painful but it is comforting at the same time.  I'm closer to Jesus than I've ever been!  I know what Paul meant when he spoke of the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings.  I have the sweetest fellowship with Jesus.  I wouldn't trade that for any friendship of the world. If you find yourself weeping more than laughin and the enemy tries to cause you to feel shame over it, remember that Jesus was a man of sorrows and well aquainted with grief and even He when He looked out over Jerusalem, wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.