Mar 20, 2011

Stop Reasoning!

This morning I was struck with a reality that is really staring us in the face in the scriptures yet so many still forget it.  (me!)
Reasoning is CONTRARY to faith. 
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your path. 

Think of it --trust in the Lord with all your heart (one concept)
and lean NOT on your own understanding (harmonizing concept)
in all your ways acknowledge Him (harmonizing concept)
and he will direct your path  (harmonizing concept)

None of these ideas run contrary to each other.  They are all in perfect harmony.

When we get caught up in our own reasoning we don't realize that that will take us in the opposite direction of where we want to go . As Christians our goal should be following after God.
Think of this like this : there are two streams runnning alongside each other but in opposite directions.  One stream (the stream of faith in Christ) will take us to high ground.  The other stream (the stream of human reasoning) will take us lower. Each stream has a boat willing to carry us along the stream.  If we choose to get in the boat on the stream of 'human reasoning' we can experience depression, misery and sadness.  If we choose to get in the boat on the stream of 'faith in God' we experience joy , peace and contentment..

Stop listening to the father of lies, begin to trust in the God of ALL understanding , stop ACKNOWLEDGING THE WORLDS PHILOSOPHIES, and you won't continue to get in the wrong boat over and over.  Which boat are you going to climb in next time you are faced with the choice ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.