Jan 3, 2012

This is the New Day of the New Year that The Lord Has Made

     Let me confess something.......  I don't enjoy New Years Celebrations . I resist getting in on the "hooplah" of it all. I have NO desire to stay up till midnight and watch the ball come down . It seems to me that it is just a ritual for many people. A way to" fit in".  I don't want to fit in.  I want to stand out!  I want to be different from the world. That's a good reason for me to choose NOT to do it right there. To me it is empty.
     Even New years resolutions sound good ,but are they really??  We can't choose to do good, God has to direct us. Otherwise it is amounts to nothing but wood , hay and stubble. As I contemplate The whole New Years Eve celebration thing and the New Years resolution tradition, It just doesn't set right with me.  Not because I don't want to see any positive changes in my life, but because I know that I myself can't determine to do anything good and accomplish it, but rather EVERTHING must be led by and directed by God in my life. And God has always led me one day at a time.  He gives me enough light for each day, not a whole year.  He leads me step by step , day by day.  So today and every day I determine to do one thing. I determine to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I want to know Him and the power of His resurrection, and YES even the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings. The ones who are most intimate with Christ are those who share in His suffering. Those who are willing to be broken bread and poured out wine for others. Is my heart solidly there?  No.  But my heart is to stay close to Him because the joy of His presence far surpasses anything this world has to offer. In his presence is fullness of joy and I trust that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. I don't always want to be broken bread and poured out wine, but what I DO want is to be close to Him above all else therefore I know He will see to it that the work of molding me and shaping me into His image will be completed.
For this I rejoice in EVERY NEW DAY !
Call me boring if you want but just give me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.