Dec 23, 2011

The Greatest Christmas Gift of all Time

  

   Opening a gift is always fun. The anticipation of wondering what is inside brings out the child in us.  It's doubtful that many gifts will be left unopened this year and yet the whole reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place is to remember the greatest gift ever given. His name is Jesus! Jesus came to bring salvation to anyone who would recieve Him, but if the gift is left unopened, what does profit a person?  It is like being left a mansion in someones will and being given the key, but being stranded on a desert island, with an ocean seperating you from your mansion.  It is yours  and it has been freely given, but if you can't cross the ocean to inhabit it what does it profit you?

   Today will you cross the ocean to claim the gift or will you stay on the island where the key is meaningless? 

   Oh the vastness of the oceans of guilt, shame, bitterness and pain that seperate us from our mansions.  Seas of unforgiveness , pride, and self-righteousness exist like a "mirage"  in our hearts distorting the true light of life and lying to our hearts about his goodness. If we can dare to give all of our burdens to Jesus and ask forgiveness for our lack of faith , our gift can be claimed. But if we refuse to leave the island by faith in His goodness, the ocean remains as a barrier of the heart blinding us from ever seeing the gift for what it is, holy pure and true.  The gift of salvation and eternal life waits for all of us, the question is, how many will claim it???  



Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.  For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."  Revelation 3:20

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Rom 6:23

For by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”Eph 2:8-9

“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Cor 9:15 

And for those who refuse such an incredible gift;
" This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings They are like sheep and are destined to die; death will be their shepherd Their forms will decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions. " Psalm 49:13-14

Don't let the gift go unopened. God loves you!  And He is not willing for any to perish. He has paid the penalty for your sins at the cross. As a matter of fact that little baby in the manger came for one purpose....to die on that cross so that whosoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.