Jun 1, 2011

The Poem Of Your Life

"For we are God's poems, created in Christ Jesus..."


Ephesians 2:10



Life is a song

We must sing with our days

A poem with meaning

More than words can say

A painting with colors

No rainbow can tell

A lyric that rhymes

Either heaven or hell



We are living letters

That doubt desecrates

We're the notes of the song

Of the chorus of faith

God shapes every second

Of our little lives

And minds every minute

As the universe waits by



The pain and the longing

The joy and the moments of light

Are the rhythm and rhyme

The free verse of the

Poem of life



So look in the mirror

And pray for the grace

To tear off the mask

See the art of your face

Open your earlids

And hear the sweet song

Of each moment that passes

And pray to prolong



Your time in the ball

Of the dance of your days

Your canvas of colors

Of moments ablaze

With all that is holy

With the joy and the strife

Of the rhythm and rhyme

Of the poem of your life

Of the rhythm and rhyme

Of the poem of your life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.