Feb 14, 2011

Love of God...And Then "Valentine"............

I'll admit, I really enjoy Valentines Day! I enjoy the outward expression of affection. The red and white colors. The hearts. The chocolates....

But the real "heart" of it all for me is the love of God. Without the love of God the world's idea of what love is is meaningless. It's nothing more that selfishness. When it all comes down to it, it's really only about one person getting what they want or think they need from another. This proves itself true time and again in relationships of the world, when one person (or both) decides to call it quits because it just isn't working out.....

I'd like to know what that 'it' ......is???
What isn't working out? Because this is what God's word tells me is love -real love, TRUE ,genuine love...............
1 Cor 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails .

If love isn't working out, it's because love hasn't been worked into you .... God is love.
If you have Christ in your heart , you have the ability to love sacrificially. Not only do you have the ability, you have the responsibility. Your concept of love must be crucified and His love must be allowed to take over your very life and heart .

I recently discovered this song by Sara Groves called "Love" .(lyrics below)
It expresses what I've discovered. I started out thinking I knew what love was and then after years and years of frustration in marriage, I found I hadn't a clue. My concept of love was crucified through the double edged sword of Gods word and it was only then that TRUE love began flowing through me. Gods love- the only GENUINE unchanging love!

love -I made it mine. I made it small, I made it blind. I followed hard- only to find ...it wasn't love....it wasn't love
love of songs and pen. Oh love of movie endings. Takes out the break, leaves out the bend--misses love.......
love not of you love not of me, come hold us up, come set us free. Not as we know it, but as it can be......
love's reality -is not a passing bravery. It holds out hope- beyond what's seen....the hope of love....
love not of you love not of me. Come hold us up, come set us free, not as we know it- but as it can be ...the hope of love...........

If you're alone this Valentines Day and feeling unloved and unable to truly love , the author of love holds out his hand to you. He died for those who have failed and He wants you to let Him live his life through you.



I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Gal 2:20

We love, because He first loved us! 1 John 4:19
Until we can truly say "I'm Yours" to God, we can't begin to fathom , much less live out this kind of love.
Now thanks be to God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the aroma of his knowledge by us in every place.2 Cor 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.