Feb 28, 2011

The Music of Life

One of my favorite bible verses is :
Romans 8:28 All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

I love it because it has helped to embrace all that God allows- the good and (seemingly bad) in my life as a part of His will for me.

1 Thes 5:18  In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you- is also illustrative of this fact.

This morning I just want to share what the Lord gave me to put on on my son Andrews poster tribute. He has the male lead in the school musical this year and the chorus teacher asked the parents to make a poster or write a tribute to our children to be posted on the walls outside the auditorium for the musical. Andrews first musical was 2 years ago and I'm not sure I even had it together enough to get anything more than some pictures up . But last year I did and I prayed about what to write. This year I did too, because I feel so strongly that if God isn't somehow glorified in it then it is meaningless. So I'm sharing what He gave to me as a tribute to my son.

Andrew,
   It is so enjoyable to watch you have so much fun participating in the school musical! You’ve tackled it with the enthusiasm of an explorer setting out on a big adventure. Our wish for you is that you would embrace all of life , good and bad with the same zest and enthusiasm. Life is like music. It ebbs and flows , crescendos and climaxes. It can be euphoric or sad. At times is seems the sweet music will never end and other times it appears broken and lifeless. One note on the paper can seem so out of place , even awkward, but placed strategically in a musical composition, it becomes a magnificent punctuation mark. The harmony becomes evident at just the right time. Rest assured that no matter what , for the child of God, the Master Composer is composing a masterpiece. All we need to do is look to Him, knowing that He has the whole score set before Him, and respond to His direction . He knows what He is doing!
    We’re so pleased to see you using the gifts God has given you. Never forget the One who gave them as you use them. Look to Him for guidance and in so doing your life will be sweet music to our ears. And remember what you told me when you were little; "you can't hear joy with your ears, only with your heart!"
Love, Mom , Dad and Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.