Jun 16, 2011

What direction are you sailing??

I was thinking the other day that in life there is really only one thing we have control over.  That one thing is our attitude.
The defintion of attitude is:  A settled way of thinking or feeling, typically reflected in a person's behavior:
I was also reminded of this poem I heard once. 



One ship sails east and another sails west with the self-same winds that blow.


Tis the set of the sail and not the gale that determines the way they go.                    

And the winds of the sea are the ways of fate as we voyage along through life,

Tis the act of the soul that determines the goal, and not the calm or the strife.

-- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
I loved remembering this fact.  My attitude is the set of my spiritual sails.  The winds of life can blow on me from all different directions, but what determines the way that I go is my attitude.  I need to remember this because what determines my attitude is the thoughts in my mind.
 
  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind Romans 12:2
 
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ 2 Cor 10:5


Wherefore girding up the loins of your mind, be sober and set your hope perfectly on the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:13

As we give attention to harnessing the thoughts in our minds through renewing our mind in Gods word, and taking captive thoughts that are proud or contrary to Gods ways,  and then we set our hope on His grace being brought to us through the revelation of Jesus Christ (the word), we will have our sails set and the winds that blow will not affect our destination., Our attitude will be set right ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
WE HAVE THIS TREASURE IN EARTHEN VESSELS THAT THE EXCELLENCY OF THE POWER MAY BE OF GOD. I am the wife Of Don and mother of two boys and a stay at home mom. My goal is to follow Jesus in all aspects of life but starting first and foremost in my own home.Titus 2:3-5 I stumble often and get discouraged, but am amazed as I go to my Lord in faith that he looks upon me with compassion, forgiveness and love each and every time. His love for me seems to increase as I keep going back to His throne of grace!! Of course I know His love never changes, but my ability to see His love increases each time He picks me up, dusts me off and says "keep on going Ruth.... I love you!" And because of His great love, I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day.